<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I love Egyptian kings 

I'm not sure if any of you has seen the commercial that runs on the Discovery Channel. If you haven't, go here and watch it. Go ahead. I'll wait...


It's my favorite commercial. I love the song. I love the scenes. I love it so much, I made it my ringtone. I know, I'm cheesy. You know how sometimes you can hear a song and it just makes you want to cry? Ok, maybe that's just me. I have a couple that always make me fight back the tears. "What a Wonderful World" and that Hawaiian version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" are two examples. Well, for some reason this song chokes me up and I think I know why. I love the whole world. Yeah, that's right. Sarcastic, cynical me loves the world. And I'm about to tell you why.

Even though there is so much hate and violence around us, I think the world is an unbelievable place. And we are pretty damn fortunate to be here. For me, this commercial reminds me of all the beauty in the world. The people, the creatures, the land. And that despite all the sadness and despair, there is this incredible landscape full of wonderful people and sites to discover. I can't wait to get out there and see and experience as much as I can during my life. This commercial for me is the reminder that God does indeed exist. (This is the part where I get all Christiany and start going on about the awesomeness of God.) I'm not going to go into the Bible and all the arguments for Christianity. All I want to say is to take a look around. This Earth we live in is an extraordinary place. And even though one of my favorite shows on CBS is "The Big Bang Theory," I can't side with those arguments. I don't have all the answers. None of us do. So please don't try to debate me with dates and monkeys. My only argument is my faith. I cannot believe that the insane detail of this oriental poppy in my yard

or the vastness of this ocean

or the sweetness of these children

is the end result of of some combined gases or whatever it was some bazillion years ago. Nope, sorry. In my eyes, it was God. And ain't nothing you say will convince me otherwise. And if I'm wrong? Well, let's just say I'd rather have lived my life believing in God than to have not.

Boom de yada.

Comments:
People should read this.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?