<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, April 11, 2008

That's what she said 

My life is whole again. No, I did not get a job. No, I did not move out of my parents' garage. No, my friends. What completes my life is new episodes of The Office.

I've kept myself occupied during the whole writer strike by trying out new shows and renting the entire six seasons of The Sopranos. But I truly missed Michael Scott and all his shenanigans (sp?). I was quite pleased to finish critter sitting my nephews last night and open the ol' TIVO to find Office and 30 Rock just waiting for my undivided attention. And last night's episodes were pretty quality in my book. Then again, I'll laugh at almost anything.

For those of you concerned that all I've been doing the last few months is watching television, fear not. While much of my day is devoted to the boob tube as well as my Blockbuster online queue, I spend ample amounts of time in my garden. There is much to do outdoors! If I'm not fertilizing the freshly planted lavendar and wallflower, I'm tending to my sweet peas and delphiniums and rescuing defenseless lizards from the mouths of hungry cats. I also spend a good amount of time playing tense games of Old Maid and Go Fish with my nephews. I've been reading a lot, too. I recently finished Eat, Pray, Love and have moved on to What Your Fifth Grader Should Know. Some have advised that I use the opportunity to be on a reality television show. I have considered signing up for CMT's Make Me a High School Cheerleader Again, but am not sure I'm ready to showcase my tanklike features to the world just yet.

I will say that I recently received the motivation to actually seriously hunt for a job again. Not because I've run out of money, but because the last of my unemployed friends just got a job. My thought was that as long as I wasn't the only one, it's okay. But it seems that period is over. So back to work for The Man I go.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?