<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Meet Olive Carmela Stegopuss Grauer 



This sweet little orange ball of fur is the latest addition to the Grauer family. I've been hounding my dad to let us adopt this kitty after it turns out that Amelie (our black cat) turned out to be a raving bitch. I begged my dad to let my mom have Amelie because my mom was alone all day in the house and depressed. Unfortunately, Amelie turned out to be one of the meanest cats I've ever met. Beautiful, but psycho. Now two years later, my mom is far from alone. She has both her kids and her nephews plus my dad and two cats living with her. A full house to say the least.

Anyway, Olive was a neighbor's cat that someone else was supposed to take as a kitten, but backed out. Since they already had 5 cats (and you thought I was a cat person), they were going to take her to the pound. She is the sweetest thing, so full of love and the complete opposite of Amelie. I couldn't bear to see her go to the pound, so I worked on my dad for weeks with a variety of convincing arguments. He finally cracked about a week ago. As you can see, we couldn't agree on a name. I wanted Carmela, but everyone hated that. (I'm going through a Sopranos phase.) The boys wanted Stegopuss after I showed them a SNL commercial from years back called Action Cats, which showed live cats with missles and armor strapped to their backs. (Not to be confused with the more recent Laser Cats on SNL.) I also suggested Elaine (for my Seinfeld addiction), but they didn't go for that. I finally suggested Olivia (from Shakespeare's Twelfth Night) and came to a compromise with Olive. So there it is, Olive Carmela Stegopuss Grauer. A true pedigree name.

Also as you might have already noticed, I changed the name of the blog. I felt the need for a change since I've had the old WWW title since the beginning 4 years ago. I decided on CCL since I'm well on my way to being one. I've always said I'd rather have cats than kids. With dogs and kids, you have to scoop poop or wipe ass. Cats bury theirs. That's the attraction. I have a real problem with feces. Erica bought me a "Crazy Cat Lady" figurine as a joke awhile back, and now with two cats, it's a slippery slope to my next 10 or so. All I need is my own house and lonely, manless future. Well, I'm halfway there.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?