<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, August 06, 2007

I know you're all dying to know... 

What the hell have I been doing over summer vacation??

I have been quite busy. Killing brain cells does actually take up a good deal of time. And I fully deserve to do a heavy amount of goofing off as my last academic year was pretty taxing and the upcoming one should be nothing less. August finds me a tad more serious and reflective. Starting to focus on some major changes that could be taking place in my life. But up until now, what the F have I been doing? Well, I'll tell ya...

-Playing bridesmaid in my cousin's very elegant wedding at the Firestone family estate in Los Olivos. I got to play with Andrew Firestone's dogs, which wasn't the only highlight, but it was a thrill for my starstruck ass.

-Frequently visiting the dentist to have all my shoddy silver fillings replaced with white ones. I had a little crush on my dentist until I found out today that he has a chick. I guess I oughta quit fantasizing about him drilling a different cavity of mine. Heh heh.

-Spending quality time with my nephews. This usually results in me having to watch them and all the neighborhood kids swim in my parents' pool, but that's okay because I have gotten a lot of awesome drawings of the Eiffel Tower in return that I will one day hang proudly in my classroom.

-Going down to SD for the weekend to watch the Padres slaughter the Red Sox. Though we never actually made it to the seats we paid double for, the company at the bar was well worth the trip.

-Applying for and failing to acquire a French teaching position for next year. There aren't that many to begin with, and most schools want you to speak a third language on top of your other two. Unfortunately pig latin and vulgarity are the only other ones I'm qualified to teach and they aren't in any current curriculum that I've found thus far.

-Actively contemplating the possibility of not getting a teaching job next year and **GASP** sucking it up and student teaching instead. For those not in the know, student teaching = working full-time for free. So I'll need to find an alternative source of income. Does anyone know of any pimps with a comparable 401(k) and benefits package?

-Ruining relationships. Well, one relationship anyway. And I'll swear til my grave that it was unintenional and I am completly remorseful for my participation. And that's all I have to say about that.

-Apparently developing an affinity for mugshots. I seem to have a new one up every few days as my default MySpace pic, but I can't help it, they just make me laugh. I'm sure it won't be long before that sloppy excuse for a mother Britney Spears has a sweet one complete with Cheeto-toothed grin.

-Distantly stalking the only man I would willingly let impregnate me. He played lacrosse again this summer, giving me a fresh source for pics and info. Unfortunately though his team got wiped out of the playoffs, so I've been cutoff. Oh well, it won't be too long before our next "chance" encounter. It's a complete coincidence, I tell ya.

-Training for a 5K that I'm running at Disneyland over Labor Day weekend. Actually, I should rephrase that. Memo will be running it. I will be trying to keep up with Memo. My vodka consumption levels this summer will more than likely keep me at my extremely slow and steady pace, doubling over in exhaustion after the first mile. Hitting the wall at mile two.

-Eagerly planning my next summer's vacation. It was going to be a return to Europe for a brief study in France before sauntering down through Italy and catching a boat around the Greek Islands. Well, with my impending joblessness, I don't think I could save enough scratch for all that jazz. So plan B. Instead, I'm gonna move to Montreal for a month to six weeks, and road trip the shit out of it there and back. I'll catch Route 66, pass through Chicago and pick up or drop off Michelle, then coming home I'll trip through the eastern seaboard, and pick up I40 home with a slight detour through New Orleans. (Perhaps also an overnight in Dallas, wink wink?) I might also have to make a side trip to Toronto for another purely coincidental encounter. Heh heh.

So as you can see I've been keeping myself occupied. In my attempts to conserve spending for the upcoming year, I'm going to downshift for the next month or so. I have a handful of Angels games I've purchased earlier in the year that I'll be attending and a couple of other previously scheduled commitments, but that's about it. There may be a party date on the horizon in late Sept to celebrate the commencment of my last year as a twenty-something as well as the end of my sanity before the next school year, so keep an eye out. Til then, party on Wayne.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?