<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, February 05, 2006

What can I say except that she likes her crosses subtle. 

I said goodbye to one of my best friends tonight. After living here since the mid-80's, she has packed her bags and is moving to Chicago. As many of you know, I sometimes have a tendency to keep my true feelings inside, and although I may not have fully expressed my sentiments in person, I want her to know just how much I'm gonna miss her. So tonight Michelle, this one's for you...

It hadn't really hit me until tonight how sad I am going to be that you're gone. I think that sometimes I took you for granted because working and hanging out together, I saw you practically everyday and often on the weekends. I know that tomorrow at work is going to be one of the worst, knowing that I'm not going to see your shiny head of hair coming out of the kitchen and over to my desk.

You're my oldest friend. We've been getting into mischief together since the 5th grade. Whenever I hear "(We'll Make Great)Pets", I think of high school. "MMMMMMMM" by Crash Test Dummies, I think of us as Vince and Larry. "You Can't Always Get What You Want" I think of Memorial Day Weekend 2004 (and the car ride home from Heroes). "Walk the Line" - the jukebox at the Shady Nook. "Float On" - the raddest bbq at your apartment. And most recently, I think of Oktoberfest when I hear "Soul Meets Body." We've harassed Mister Bates (Master Bates, heh heh), stalked our love interests, passed notes in French class, ate our weight in cookie dough and drank our weight in alcohol, made fun of those who deserve to be made fun of, and covered ourselves in mud. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have gotten this job. If it wasn't for you, many of Larry and Tracy's old ladies would have suffered tax consequences for not taking their IRA required minimum distributions (because I surely would have F'ed that up). And if it wasn't for you I would never have been introduced to Jay Mohr. Not to mention being introduced to the culinary delights that are Healthy Wok, Stadium Dog, French Village Cafe and Royal Thai.

In the past 18 years, we've been through a lot together. You've been there for me, even when I didn't want anyone there for me. And I hope that I've done the same for you. You got some seriously raw deals in the past but you have come out of them so strong and beautiful. You're one of the most talented, sophisticated and amusing girls I know, and California is losing one of it's greatest assets. While I may not have always wanted to hang out sometimes, I know that my social life is taking a serious hit with you leaving. Not to mention the number of pictures in my collection is going to be significantly reduced with your departure. I'm looking forward to the sick party that we will have when I come to visit you.

Thank you for being a part of my life. I miss you and love you.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?