<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Merci beaucoup 

It being Thanksgiving and all, thought I might give a few shout outs to everything I am so grateful to have in my life. Though sometimes we don't have everything we want, oftentimes I think that everything we need, we already have and for that I am thankful.

I am thankful for my parents and my family and I pray for their continued health and safety.
I am thankful for all of my friends who accept me for who I am, despite my high levels of psychosis. (I pray for their health and safety too.)
I am thankful for having the absolute awesomest roommate ever. She is my domestic soulmate. (Her too - health and safety.)
I am thankful for my car, even though it is a God awful shade of green and has a rather large chunk broken off the bumper, it still gets me safely to every destination. (I pray for it's health and safety too, considering it directly reflects my health and safety.)
I am thankful for my job. I take it for granted sometimes, but really I've got a very sweet gig going on, not to mention some very kickass co-workers (for whom I pray for their health and safety.)
I am thankful for my cousin Stacey finding her true love Kevin, and wish the two of them a lifetime of happiness. (A trite wish, I know. Almost as trite as praying for their health and safety, but I really do wish it and really do pray for their health and saftey.)
I am thankful for Maurice, our maintenance guy, who came and killed a particulary hairy and heinously large red spider who made its home outside our front door. (Of course I pray for him, too. I DO NOT, however, pray for the health and safety of any spider, especially those who take up residence at Oaktree Court.)
I am thankful for Michael Vartan's parents coming together to produce the most beautiful man on earth. (Okay, at this point, if they're a good human being, I'm gonna pray for their health and safety. Osama, you are not on that list.)
I am thankful for the Rollwiches sandwich cafe on the corner of Yorba Linda and Placentia Ave. Not only do you have a large selection of options in building your sandwich, but they let you have the choice of a croissant as the bread! Can't do that at Subway. And the Cream of Broccoli soup kicks ass.
I am thankful for bad reality television as it not only entertains me but makes me realize that I am more normal than many people.
I am thankful for everything I have in my life. Except, of course, for that itchy burning sensation. (So totally kidding about that last part.)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?