<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Happy 100th to me, Happy 100th to me 

According to my "blogger dashboard" this here is my 100th post. I started this puppy about a year and a half ago (and before you start ragging on me for having a lot of time to post 100 entries, think about how it's been spread out over 18 months, as well as the fact that you're reading them =) Anyway, I wasn't sure what to post about for my 100th entry, so I thought I would post an entry from my actual diary from a few years back. A lot of the sutff I wrote in there I would dare not write for the public (which must puzzle you since I pretty candid on this forum), but this entry is pretty tame. I started this diary when I was unemployed after graduation and waiting to become a substitute teacher (a tedious process for those who weren't aware). It was a pretty frustrating time in my life. It was shortly after 9/11 so I was depressed and scared, and I had been out of work for several months, so I was poor and frustrated by everyone asking me, "found a job yet?" (The frustration level is similar to now with every other person asking, "when are you ever going to be done with school?") I wrote Bridget Jones style, listing my weight that day and any other random facts. For example,

Friday 12 April 2002
weight: I don't know, but people seem to think I'm losing weight so I'll just agree with them
fatigue level: High. Two days in a row subbing zero period for Mr. England
cars purchased: 1
# of parents needed to co-sign for auto loan: 0 (v.g.)

A lot of my posts talked about my sub jobs and shifts at On The Border, interactions with friends, struggles to lose weight, goals for the future, and of course, of my then romantic focus - Texas. My Texas posts were similar to my Canadian posts here, only more complaining than raving. It's kinda of cool to be able to go back to something that captures the exact kind of person you were during a certain time frame. I hope I keep up with this or some kind of real diary for the rest of my life. But anyway, I digress.....here is a clip from Nov. 27th, 2001. I was finally subbing and had just got back from Laughlin with Erica for Thanksgiving.

>>Now the day is almost over. I'm in 6th period watching a western called, Shane. Last period was cool because we watched The Odyssey. That's one of the great things about subbing. i get to read and watch old stories. Last week I got to read part of Bridget Jones's Diary (how convenient, eh?) as well as Anastasia Krupnick - a story I haven't read in ages. In honor of revisiting this fine 4th grade level story of a quirky girl who likes to make lists, I think I'll make one of my own....

Things I Like:
-------------------
-alcohol - specifically midori, vodka and chambord (not necessarily mixed)
-"Rendez-View"
-6th period prep ( though I'm yet to land one)
-Thrifty's ice cream
-old hats
-baseball playing firefighters who like Dave Matthews band and have cute Southern accents
-the Dave Matthews Band
-comedies
-Pride & Prejudice
-making money and spending it

Things I Dislike:
-------------------

-arrogance
-obnoxious children
-being told what to do
-getting up early
-peanut butter
-Osama Bin Laden
-nasty southern accents that reek of white trash and goat farmers (as in the case of that fat old man on Survivor)
-Team Guido from Amazing Race
-body odor



Doesn't seem like much has changed in the past few years. Although that baseball playing firefighter isn't quite as high on the list as he once was.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?