<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Appalachian Weight Watchers 

Seems like Weight Watchers has been around forever. I remember my neighbor being on it ages ago when I was a wee brat. (Now I'm an overgrown brat.) Anyway, I was talking to this lady the other day who is on it, and she let me borrow her "Complete Food Companion" which is a book of like 17,000 foods and their corresponding "points value." It has your run of the mill everyday foods and their values - milk, eggs, cereals, pizza, cake, etc. It also has a large variety of protein foods and their corresponding values. For example(and this is all for real, people).........

Antelope, cooked, 1oz......1
Armadillo, cooked, 1oz....1
Carabou, cooked, 1oz..........1
Gizzard, chicken, cooked....1
Goat, cooked, 1oz................1
Heart
beef, cooked, 1oz.............1
chicken, cooked, 1oz.......1
Opossum, cooked, 1oz.........2
Pigeon, cooked, 1oz.............1
Pigs' Feet, pickled, store-bought, 2oz....3
Rabbit, cooked, 1oz.......1
Raccoon, cooked, 1oz.......2
Squirrel, cooked, 1oz.........1

Tastes like chicken???

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?