<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 16, 2005

How 'bout them apples 

Life at work is good. For those who aren't "in the know", some changes in my broker arrangement have been made. They took away 3 of my brokers and gave me a different one (praise Jesus), so my workload has been significantly reduced. I mean, I still am kept busy, but it's completely manageable now, whereas before it was not. (At least not for me and my experience at the firm.)

So I've finally cleaned up my desk and organized it a bit, and today I decided to sort my email folders because they needed a little house cleaning. While going through them I came across an email from Rebekah, (Deborah Bruns's sister, for those who know her) that I had never deleted because I liked it. Rebekah used to sit next to me in the office, but she up and moved to North Carolina in January. It was my favorite period working there when I was next to her because she was such a cool person. (I miss ya, RP.) But anyway, I saved this email from her, and normally I don't save this stuff nor forward it on, but I liked this one in particular because I guess it's kinda true, and for those of us who it applies to, it's slightly encouraging (and funny at the end). So here's to us amazing apples....


>>Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid they might fall and get hurt. Instead, they might take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one that's brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree.

Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the shit out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with. <<

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?