<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Way back when 

Going for my evening jalk (short for jog and walk because I'm still too fat, er...well, don't have the endurance to jog the whole distance, but jog for long enough for me to not just call it a walk), I've noticed a couple of things. One, I need to leave earlier and earlier now, because it gets darker sooner. Which kinda sucks because I had more time to unwind after work (or well, jury duty) before having to hit the pavement. But also I've noticed the amount of youngins out there in the streets after dark. The other night I left a little late, so by the time I was winding up the jalk it was fairly dark out. Now, being 25 years old (I can still say that for 9 more hours), I don't like being out after dark. But there were a ton of kids out and about when I was coming down the home stretch. I noticed this because not only are they loud, but they get in my way on their bikes, or worse those motorized scooters they tear around the corner on. Ya know, if I'm bitching about this now, I know I'm destined to be that old maid on my porch with my 50 cats screaming at the kids to get off my lawn. But anyway, my question is, what ever happened to "in the house when the street lights come on?" That was the going rule when I was growing up, at least during the school year. Summer was a different story. When the street lights came on, I was letting Art Beltran lip molest me behind our neighbors dumpster. But seriously, these kids are out and about with no parents to be seen. It's not just because they annoy me, I'm actually concerned for their well-being. It'd be different if there were an adult in sight, then I wouldn't be so disturbed, but I know if I were a parent in this day and age, I'd be keeping tabs on my kid's whereabouts when the sun went down. But then again, that's just me.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?