<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, September 12, 2004

My return to nightlife 

I'd say it was a pretty sweet night.

Went to see Jay Mohr at the Brea Improv last night. Thanks to Michelle and her slickness, not only did we get seats down front and center, but also a round of free drinks and an introduction to Mr. Jay Mohr himself. Pretty freaking awesome if you ask me. I think the only other time I've actually been introduced and shook a celebrity hand was in high school when my cheer advisor arranged for us to meet Joey Lawrence at a taping of "Brotherly Love." So snaps and shout outs to Michelle for making my return to society a cool one.

Part 2 took place at The Continental Room and Heroes. Drinks were strong, but hot guys were not aplenty, although I was once again attempting to get friendly with Phil the Bartender (last seen in my Memorial Day weekend post). But alas it seems the feelings were not mutual. Holly and Michelle seem to think he was into me because he was "asking about me" while I was off admiring the picture of the baby mullet. (I personally think that a guy asking "what is she doing?" isn't necessarily asking about me, but that's just me.) But when I was talking to him and (I think) hinting that he should come hang out with us, he gave me the old "I gotta be back here at 10am" line. Now I don't think that it is coincidence at all that just the day before, I watched my TIVO'd episode of Seinfeld where Jerry and Elaine pick up the car from valet and it reeks with such a stench of BO that the smell never dies and it follows them everywhere. The relevant part is, Elaine goes to her new man's house thinking "tonight might be the night" when he gives her the old "I gotta get up early" line. She can't figure out why (she's unaware at this point that she still stanks) and Jerry says guys will always trade sleep for sex. Not that I was gonna F Phil the Bartender or anything, but it's still the same idea. So sorry gals, the wisdom of Seinfeld takes precedence over your instincts. But it's cool, I'm not heartbroken or anything so have no pity for me. I had a hella cool ass night.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?