<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, August 15, 2004

A little smile goes a long way 

I had a pretty busy week last week. I was in a prep class for that Series 7 test and it was kinda like a 6 day crash course in everything you never wanted to know about investments, economics, laws, regulations, money, blah, blah blah. Even though my brain felt like baby food all week, it could have been way worse, but I had a really awesome teacher who makes the most mundane material at least seem mildly interesting. Plus she educated us about the only bee that makes milk. The boobee. But anyway....

So all this week I had to drive to Costa Mesa. And of course since the class was 7:30-5:30 I hit mad traffic both ways. And well, since driving in traffic is one of my least favorite pasttimes, I decided to take the toll road in the mornings. My week was going to be stressful enough, so I decided that it was worth it to eat 20 bucks in order to give me a little sanity on the road. And it was definitely worth the 20 bucks, not only for the time it saved me behind the wheel and the picturesque views of the OC, but also for those lovely tollbooth ladies who greeted me so warmly every morning. They were always so friendly and just made my trips out there all the better. So snaps to you, tollbooth ladies. Bud Light should make you, real (wo)men of genius.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?