<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, May 09, 2004

Was it really any surprise?  

I took the Dante's Inferno test and found myself in the second circle of hell - where the lustful reside. (See below right for results and maybe take the test for yourself....)

I took this test because 1) I had to read The Divine Comedy in college, and 2) because I believe that, like Heaven, Hell is a very real place. (Although not exactly how Dante has described.) So I thought I'd give it a go for fun, and see where I would end up.

Interesting though - I scored high for Wrathful and Gloomy (not a huge surprise) and also for Fraudulent, Malicious and Panderers. Fraudulent, I guess, because I have stolen (we used to always steal food from the restaurants we worked at and I often would refill my shampoo bottles and facial products when I worked at the Donna Nieman Salon and Day Spa) and because I said I had pretended to be someone I was not (though in very minor ways). Malicious??? Maybe because I said sometimes people deserve what's coming to them. And when I said I "hate" a lot of people, it's people I don't even know personally - like Osama, et al.

So while I'm on the subject of Heaven/Hell, I might as well disclose some of my real-life beliefs....****Disclaimer**** I'm not trying to cram this down anyone's throat, just sharing my beliefs. I not going to rip on you for what you believe, so please don't rip on me for what I do. If you choose to read below, cool and if not, that's cool too.

I am a born-again Christian - though obviously not the type you would consider when you hear that "title." I am a very "unperfect" person, who has quite a lot to work on, both in my everyday life and my spiritual life. I've heard people say stuff like "Born-agains are the worst." Well, they're the most passionate sometimes. Then there's me who considers herself a born again, and then finds herself in the 2nd circle with the other sluts like Cleopatra and Helen of Troy. I guess I'm the type that's more spiritual, than religious, heh heh.

My thing is, I do believe there's only one way into Heaven - through Jesus Christ, who died on the cross so that we could live eternally with him. This is what I believe. But you'll never hear me say to someone, "You're going to hell" (except in a joking fashion, and I probably shouldn't be doing that either) because who am I to tell someone that? I can't tell anyone they're going to hell for what they do or believe, because I'm not God. I can only share what I believe. I don't know all the answers, and oftentimes I have questioned my beliefs - the existence of God(s), Creation, salvation, etc. But in the end, I can't believe that who I am as a person - who I love, what I believe, what I feel, etc has nothing to with God and everything to do with science. I can't believe that I will never again see my parents, grandparents, sister, nephews, friends, etc. after we die. I can't believe that the 4yr old who died of a brain tumor only had those four years. There are many unanswered questions I have, and things about that Bible that sometimes don't make sense to me and others. But in the end I believe that, He's it, ya know? Jesus is my homeboy.

I can't site any scriptures except the most "popular" and I can't tell you why God allows bad things to happen in the world. I'm not perfect, I sin a lot. I'm not exactly the most stellar representative for Christianity. It's not something I'm proud of as a Christian. But if you're out there and ever want to talk about subject, I'm there. Just gimme a jingle or drop me a line. Because even though it doesn't seem like it, it's an important part of my life. And if there's anything I can't answer or explain, I can find out from one of my "contacts." (My old man is kind of a heavyweight in this area.) Also, if you're interested, there's a book called When Critics Ask by Geisler Howe which helps to shed light on some of the "mysteries" or the Bible, like "Was the earth really created in 6 days?" or "How could the earth have been 'created' if science indicates energy is eternal?" etc. It's an interesting read, regardless of what you believe.

So yeah, I'm in the 2nd circle of Hell right now, but with any luck I won't be there the rest of my life. But it's gonna be pretty tough climbing out of there with boys like Colby from Survivor and the men of Alias heavily on my mind (but thank you, Jesus for blessing me with them to look at =)

And hey - take the test for yourself, so I can see if any of you are hanging out with me and Helen of Troy.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?