<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 22, 2004

Dream a little dream of me 

The end of the semester is near. The excitement of the coming summer warms my heart. The workload for my classes does not.

I had to give a presentation of about 15 minutes on anything I wanted to my class on Tuesday. Since I've got so much stuff to do both for school and work, I've been looking to cut corners here and there. So I dug out my work from study abroad last year and resurrected my presentation in French on dreams.

Now I gave that speech (or, "expose" en francais) twice last year - once for my classes in Paris, once for my classes in Aix, and both only had to be around 10 minutes, but that included time for questions. Well, when I pulled the sucker out and read it, slooooooowly, it came in at 7 minutes. So scrambling for more information to add, I came across the fact that if we suppress stuff during the day, more than likely it will come out in our dreams. I shoulda known this, right?

It made sense because as much as I hate to admit it, the Canadian is still a part of my thoughts. And earlier I ranted about hating my dreams because I was doing so good trying to block him out during the day, but he'd show up in my dreams. One week I had a dream about him four nights in a row. Now I know why. So after this discovery of information, I tried thinking about him again, which sucked, but it's not as painful as it was before. Thank you, Jesus.

Well, my friend Kristi and I are looking to move to Fullerton and she found a 3br she was gonna look at this week, but we would have to find a 3rd roomate. Well, my only Canadian related dream that night was that we found a girl to be our 3rd and she happened to be a canuck. And this was a relief because usually any dreams of Canadians involve him and his undying desire to be in my presence, which is very much not the case at all. So it was nice for once not to wake up with that on my mind.

Unfortunately though, Project: Canadian Distraction isn't going as hoped. I had two candidates for the primary role. The first to me was the most desirable because not only was he hot, but didn't want kids. But he didn't ever call. It's been three weeks. The second was less desirable because he lives in the 619 which is too far from me, but he said he was up in the OC all the time. However, me and my posse went the same bar I met him at last Saturday and ran into his friend who informed me that the dude's gotta girlfriend down there in San Diego. Bastard. I swear. I'm surprised I'm not a total les by now.

So anyway, there's the update. As much as I'm discouraged, it's not gonna prevent me from getting back on the horse. I just hope my peasant in shining armor comes along soon because man, do I need the distraction.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?