<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, March 14, 2004

You know Britney's gotta be the next target 

Getting up at the butt crack of dawn sucks. Getting on the road shortly after sucks too. But for myself and many others across America there is a consolation (sp?). His name is Howard Stern.

I haven't been a Stern fan my whole life. Erica used to talk about him all the time and I just didn't get him. I thought he was kinda pervy and weird. Then I was dating this guy who was obsessed with him and decided, all right, I'll give the dude a try. And ya know, he was crude and obnoxious, but I loved it.

So I've been listening to his show for awhile now, and recently the FCC has been wanting to crackdown on his a** and Clear Channel pulled him in six markets or something. So for the past couple of weeks, all he's been talking about is the issue and how it's related to Dubya and they're out to get him, yada yada. Now I understand he wants to vent his frustration and all, and I don't blame him, but man, I wanna laugh in the morning on my way to work, not get bummed out.

Now I consider myself to be pretty conservative in the issues, registered Republican, Christian, what have you. And at the same time, I rarely discuss politics or governmental issues because I don't know a lot about them and I don't pretend to know, so most of the time I just keep my yap shut when it's the topic at hand. But I've got to be honest, I'm pretty annoyed with this whole war against indecency thing. Yeah, it probably wasn't such a good idea for Janet to be showcasing that flabby teet of hers, but the commercials during the Super Bowl weren't exactly G-rated content either. Is it because it's election year that there's a big crackdown? Or are we just too freakin uptight? I really don't know. Somebody clue me in.

I had to watch a movie this weekend for my French Civilisation class called Germinal, and in it I saw several ti**ies, two peepees and a very naked Gerard Depardieu. When I was in France, we would see naked boobies in movie trailers! Several coutries in Europe teach youth about birth control and sexual education, not necessarily abstinence, and their teenage pregnancy rates are waaaaaaay below ours. Just to clarify, I'm not one of those people who, just because I've spent time in Europe, think that the European people are far superior to their American counterparts. Trust me, I've met people like that. But I can't help but think they're doing something right in the sex department. I don't know. You tell me, am I wrong here?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?