<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, March 13, 2004

This may come off sounding bitchy, but I don't mean it to 

Friends and family:

You know I love you with all my heart, and I am so blessed that you are a part of my life. I'm not just saying that, I really mean it.

I know that you have good intentions. But my dear friends and family, please, please refrain from forwarding me emails that are only going to clog my inbox with fluff I don't want to read.

Let me clarify.

I will never doubt our love or friendship. So there is no need to send me emails with lovely poetry, or Irish friendship blessings, or anything that says "if I receive this email back than I know that you are my friend," etc etc. I know that you want to send these things to me letting me know you're thinking about me, and I appreciate it, but really there is no need as I trust in our friendship enough to know that "angels are looking over me."

Also, I really hate to break it to some of you, but seriously, Microsoft, or Disney, whoever, is not going to send you a check for $4882.05 if you forward that email to 16 different people. And you know what, the "really cool thing" that happens if you forward the email, never happens either. Here's a guideline for you: if somewhere in the body of an email it says "I tried it and it really works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I'm willing to bet it doesn't. I'll tell you what though - if you really want to keep participating in these types of emails, and you need a 10th or 11th person to add in order to see the dancing leperachaun (sp?) then by all means, send whatever the heck you want to krustacean2@hotmail.com. I'd be more than willing to help you out there.

However, I'm not a complete a**hole when it comes to receiving email. Jokes are cool. I like me the jokes. And emails that can be of service to me - like how not to get myself raped or attacked, how to know if a mirror in a dressing room is two-way, the evils of Jane Fonda - those are okay. I don't mind getting those. Pictures of naked hot naked guys, pictures of you with hot naked guys, any other type of forward is fine. It's just those two first types -the mushy,friendship type and the chain letter type. Anything else goes.

So friends and family - I hope you understand. Just say to yourself, "how rude" and then delete me from your forward list. But please don't take this as an insult, it's nothing personal, I'm just asking a little favor. And if there's anything that I ever send to you that you want me to cease, by all means, tell me to knock it off. (I'm sure there were a ton of you who were plenty annoyed by my mass France mailings.) Just remember I have nothing but love for ya.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?