<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 04, 2004

Not exactly what Paul had in mind 

My last semester of the first time I went to college, I needed a few extra random units in order to graduate. I could take whatever I wanted, but I wasn't able to re-take Psychology of Human Sexuality. So I chose First Aid and Stress Management. (And for the record, don't expect me to save your life in a situation because all that I remembered is how to apply a pressure bandage. And the only reason I remember that is because the hot guy in class had to demonstrate on me. Sigh. )

Anyway, so stress management ideally was to teach us how to deal with the events of life. One of our textbooks was Don't Sweat the Small Stuff. And similar to the First Aid class, the only reason I went was because there was a hot guy in the class - the teacher, Paul.

One time Paul made us do a time management exercise where we had to write down everything we did in a week and how long we did it for. Then the next week, we had to write down a "managed schedule" and try to follow it in order to get everything we wanted accomplished. Heh.

Well recently I thought, Paul was both hot and wise. The time management thing is a good idea. I should really try to put forth the effort in order to reduce the stress and pressure of my current work and academic schedule. It would go as follows:
5am Wake up and get ready
5:50-6:30 Drive to work
6:30-2:00 Work
2:00-2:45 Drive home
2:45-3:30 Personal time
3:30-4:30 Exercise
4:30-4:45 Shower
4:45-5:15 Dinner
5:15-7:30 Homework/Study
7:30-8:00 Bills/Chores, etc
8:00-10:00 Personal Time

Sounds like a good balance, right? Here's how the experiement turned out yesterday...
5am Hit snooze
5:15-6:00 Scramble to find clean, professional outfit to wear; get ready; feed a screaming cat
6:00-6:35 Mad dash to work
6:35-6:50 Zone out (ala Office Space)
6:50-2:00 Work my ass off for the Man
2:00-2:45 Drive home
2:45-8:00 Personal time
8:00-9:35 Go online and find the English translation for the French articles I'm supposed to be reading; read all bazillion pages of it
9:35-10:00 The OC
10:00 Bed

This has kinda been my cycle all through school. I have the best intentions of buckling down and getting the work done first so that I can relax, but something important always comes up. Like yesterday, a very touching episode of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch." (Of which I will elaborate on in a future post.) I wish there was a pill that would suppress my procrastinating ways, but alas, none as of yet. It would sure come in handy right now, 5 days before a 15 minute presentation in French on Napoleon Bonaparte. Hey, I've at least printed out a couple pages of research. It's a start.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?