<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, March 28, 2004

I'm about to be sucked in just one last time 

I quit two years ago, and said I'd never go back. Never say never, my friends.

I was so sick of getting their mailings every three weeks, and I was so sick of having to respond and waste a stamp each time. Then when I forgot about them, I'd receive a random selection in the mail a month later that I would just end up writing "return to sender" on and dropping it back in the mailbox. I called them up and said "no more." Then when they'd call every few months begging for me to come back, my parents would tell them I moved away.

But I'm coming back, BMG, though I'm not all that happy about it.

As most of you already know, or have at least gleaned (is that a word?) from this blog, I'm lacking intelligence, responsibility, reason - a brain, really. When I came back from France, I jumped right back into school and work. I was pretty overwhelmed for the duration of the semester. So it wasn't until Winter break that I noticed that the collection of all my favorite CD's that I took to France was missing. Yes, I was really too lazy or busy to put forth time and effort to look for my CD case. I just listened to the radio during the commute.

So over the break, I started the search. I looked everywhere, but with no success. It was only after much thought that I determined that I must have left it on Air France flight 69 (no, I'm not making that up). About halfway into my stay over there, I realized there was no way I was going to be able to fit all the sh** I bought into the bags I brought with me. So the weekend I went back to the south of France, I bought a very cool pink woven bag in one of the small, Mediterranean beach towns called Cassis. I loved that bag. It only had one slight drawback - it doesn't close at the top. So I determined that the CD case must have fallen out when it was stuffed under the seat in front of me on the flight home and I didn't notice. Now, there are many reasons why I hate myself, but this act of carelessness is a big one. Not only were all my DMB studio cd's in it, but also a burned copy of my first concert that I can no longer get because the guy that gave it to me, I no longer speak to. It had all my favorite soundtracks, my favorite groups. And I can't believe what a fu**ing idiot I am for losing it.

So here I am again, BMG. I'm ready to make my first seven selections for .01 cent.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?