<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, February 13, 2004

I feel like such a Turd 

My father is such a great person. He does so much for others and takes very little time for himself.

Today he comes home with a beautiful flower arrangement for my mom. And instead of saying how nice that is, I say, "Oh God, I think I'm gonna yak." So, with a disappointed look on his face he goes, "Why would you say something like that?" And I take my left pointer finger, wipe it on my right arm, then taste it and reply, "Yup, bitter."

Now, I had just sent out a batch of "Valentine's Day" cards that read:

"VD - Give your loved one something they'll never forget. Be my anti-valentine."

Perhaps had he come home at a different time, I might have been a little nicer. But I was feeling a little snarky.

However, this is no excuse. That was a bitchy thing for me to say, and I feel awful. And when I see my dad, I plan to fully apologize. It's not fair for me to take my misery out on such a genuinely compassionate person. My friends are another story. They can shake my remarks like that off. But I feel so pathetic for cutting down my dad. Not cool, Grauer. Not cool.

But hey, baby steps into adulthood. Someday I'll be mature. And sane, if I'm lucky.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?